Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving

Oh, how I love Thanksgiving!  Perhaps it is cliche to say that.  Perhaps it is cliche to say how much I enjoy a plate of turkey, gravy, filling and cranberry sauce.  Perhaps it is cliche to say "I Love Pumpkin Pie!"  But, I do!  Perhaps it is cliche to say I love sitting down at my parent's table and looking around at the people gathered together: my parents, my brothers, my sisters-in-law, my nieces and nephews, my husband and my sons.  Perhaps it is cliche to say that I really am thankful.  I am so incredibly blessed.  And for that I am thankful, sincerely thankful.  Perhaps it may be cliche...but it is also true.

Happy Thanksgiving.



Side note:  I am really thankful that my sons are looking forward to Thanksgiving.  They have yet to utter a word about Christmas or making a wish list.  I wouldn't mind if they were looking ahead to Christmas.  That would be normal.  But, I just love that they aren't seeing Thanksgiving as a speed bump between Halloween and Christmas.  Makes me proud to be their mom. 

And look, how cute is this guy that Andrew made last year in Kindergarten:



Ahhh, Thanksgiving...

No comments: