Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering

Today is a day when you hear lots of people remembering where they were 12 years ago.  I, however, find I can't stop thinking about where I was 5 years ago today.  Holding my newborn son in my arms for the first time. 


 September 11th was my due date.  And throughout my pregnancy, I would have moments when I would think "I really hope this child comes before or after their due date".   And every time someone would ask me when I was due, and I would say September 11th (I know I could have lied and said any other date but, I don't lie, at least not convincingly) they would wrinkle their nose or give me a sympathetic look.  As if being born on September 11th was going to be terrible.  But, seeing as not all babies come on their due dates, I decided not to worry too much about it.

Then, September 11, 2008 came and Jay woke me up at 12:45am with contractions.  He was going to be born on his due date.  And it never crossed my mind in the wee hours of that morning, that I didn't want this to happen.

Today is a day of memorial and a day of remembrance of a tragic day in our national history, but it's also my son's birthday.  And I love that forever on, that will be what I think of first on this date.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I had no idea! Happy late B day to your side kick, Jay!