Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Keep an eye on the gauge...

I've often thought of my patience level as being similar to the gas tank in the car. You know that feeling you get when you get in the car and see you have a full tank. Well, I feel just as happy when I know I have a full tank of patience.

Now picture this, you're in your car and staring at the fuel gauge as the needle moves closer and closer to the E. You're wondering how much further could you go before getting gas. Knowing that you never actually want to find out how far by running out of gas. Why put yourself in that position where you've broken down on the side of the road because you thought you could make it .25 miles further.

Well, this morning I felt like I was watching my patience gauge with the same careful eye. My patience gauge has been nearing E all week but, I decided to see how much is left in the tank before refilling. I decided to let Andrew & Jay help me bake a pumpkin pie for tomorrow's feast.

Baking with your children is supposed to be so special. Yet, my kitchen is never quite the scene of a cute Pillsbury holiday commercial.

I'm happy to say my tank has not run completely dry. This gives me a good chance to make it to the next refilling station, a Thanksgiving Feast with my family!

(All of this is in jest. I had fun baking the pie with the boys and they are so proud of it. They can't wait to tell MomMom and PopPop that they made it. And in the interest of full disclosure, I actually made it to a patience refilling station last night thanks to my wonderful husband. I had a girls night out with two of my friends. So my tank was actually pretty near full this morning.)

No comments: